Saturday, May 25, 2019

Review

Looking over my lack of trip posts, I missed all of SLC and Nevada.
Nothing there was too exciting. SLC consisted of rain, and an Aunt's Funeral in Provo- on a rainy afternoon. We did meet my favorite of Mike's cousins again- Cindy and had dinner with her before heading back through rain, sleet and hail right up until the point of the mountains (the high point between the SL and Provo Valleys) and then the sun came out. I am beginning to suspect that the rain is following us.

Reuben took an instant liking to Cindy- hugging her repeatedly. Cindy was just as charmed with Reuben. They might be a good choice to take our kids should Mike and I both disappear.

Saying goodbye to Mike's parents is always hard, only seeing them every 2 years or so. They are looking good. Have lost a lot of weight and are looking healthier all around. Their dog, Jake reminds us so of Sam-Wise. Perhaps Sam had some border collie in him. He is about 2 years old and easily excitable but has learned a decent amount of tricks.

When we headed west out of SLC. I expected to see more salt flats, but what I saw instead was water everywhere in the desert. Rain and signs that there had been lots of rain, which of course brings greenness. 

We crossed into Nevada quickly. The most interesting thing besides rain in Nevada was the layers of mountains, each with different lighting as our backdrop. It was like some Chinese landscape painting coming to life. At the end of the day, we pulled into Reno and found out hotel. The pool was heated, so I shivered outside the pool watching the little ones play. I finally called them out of there when the wet toddler got me too wet to stay warm.

Hard to believe that was just one day ago.

No comments: