Sunday, May 26, 2019

Cathedral Trees

Today we made it to the Redwoods. They are majestic and awesome. We had to stop and hug some. And take pictures, those will come when I have home internet. Tonight we are in a quiet little town of Fortuna. This is so much more my pace than any city.  We are at a local restaurant, took a short stroll down the river walk and am now, feeling very tired, watching the kids swim while more laundry is done down the hall.

This morning we made it to a local ward. It felt good to be all the way across the country, but have it be the exact same church as at home. Different people to shake hands with, but it was still a small and struggling ward. Their YMs and Primary looked to be about as big as ours. Reminded me of what Nephi said about the saints being few in number- or about how we are the leaven/salt of the world and not the wheat. A little it rises/savors the whole loaf.

I think I will find some Redwood seedlings, I wonder if they will grow in Minnesota?

No comments: