Sunday, November 04, 2012

I often end up subbing in our church nursery. There are only a few kids and lots of toys, so it can serve as a time to think and ponder.

I often end up subbing in our church nursery. There are only a few kids and lots of toys, so it can serve as a time to think and ponder.
Today I am pondering on my babies growing up and their challenges in this life.

My oldest is almost 14. He is 6'3" and 209 pounds. He wears an Xl/ Xxl tall. And this month is is finally ready to get the priesthood and serve the Lord in that capacity.

He was determined to come to earth when he did. He had a mission to fulfill and debarked upon it without hesitation. I had waited for him to join me on earth and he came as soon as he could- 10 months after we were married.

3 years Later he was diagnosed with autism, but I knew better then to trust the experts on what I could expect from him. He amazes me. And he will continue to amaze me as he matures spiritually and emotionally. Sometimes I wonder if he was one if those spirits who threw Satan out of Heaven, or if not then what role did he play to warrant such a special combo of smarts, Braun and sweetness here on earth?

My next angel often seems like he is here to help my oldest through this earth life. He is aware of every social cue my other isn't and often wishes, as I did at his age that his life was more "perfectly normal".
He has a lot to learn yet. But he is a hard worker and loves God. He is a faithful servant and just turned 12 and is also about to receive the priesthood. If fact, it is willingness and desire that made Galen finally decide he was ready.
I am so grateful for the young men's program in the church for this kid. There will be so many opportunity to learn and to serve that he will need to shape him into the man he is to become.

My next angel was also given a special challenge in life- a real minor spinal biffida.... Just enough to keep him humble. He is a smart one- taught himself to read at 4. No academics has ever challenged him. I look forward to introducing him to many awesome things to learn.

My fourth boy came while a was awaiting my girl. I was miffed until I held him for the first time after birth. Then something deep inside me said out loud to this new baby "I have waited a long time for you."
He was a perfect baby and awesome toddler, I had no clue what I was waiting for. But now his amazing sweetness is marred with tantrum seizers and his body with food allergies. I know his spirit and I know when he is not acting in accordance with it. Most of the time it is a result of a seizer and they can affect him for days at a time. During these times he is incapable of remembering almost anything, especially anything he is trying to learn. We are trying to get him diagnosed medically. So far all we got is a psychological ODD.

This kid is so full of faith and goodness, most of the time I figure he must have signed up for a master's course when he came to earth.

My next is the little girl I waited and waited for. Sometimes when she is acting like a spoiled princess I tell her that us not who she is and that I know who she was before she came to earth and I expect her to live up to it.
And I do. She appeared to us many times and interacted. She is an angle of mercy made flesh.

My last little one was unexpected- I expected my other girl but got another boy instead. But he is such a joy in our lives. Smart, big, happy and very curious. How I am grateful for his presence in my life every day.





Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Abundant writer said...

Awww... love it.. see you did your analysis and knew you were ready for the next one.. and she is ready finally too