Thursday, June 27, 2019

I saw the change

your light poofed out
You became unlit
 golden curls became brown
smiles to frowns

You were so happy once
you knew who you were
you had a plan, a destiny
not many years ago

we worried
we fought
you gaming all day
straying away from what you knew
listening to the voices of disbelief
late into the nights

the temptress call of the lemmings
easier not to disagree
to take on the thinking of those around you

ultimately though
it was your choice not to believe
in the world of doubt and skepticism
being a cynic is hailed as wise

I pray for you
as I have night and day
with each breath
for the last year

I want grab you
never you let you go
sands of time slip faster for those that grasp them
so you would for me

so I invite
encourage
support

help you to be the best you can
but it is
  Ultimately
      your choice



No comments: