Sunday, October 02, 2022

Names of Christ

 Inspired by Jonathan S Schmidt's talk at  General Conference today, I will use this blog to cover my study of the names of Christ and their meaning to me. So now that will be a label you can search by if (some future day) you'd like to see what list I came up with.


Today I'd like to start with one I have never heard of before: "Master of Simplicity" 

Ryan K Olsen called Christ "The Master of Simplicity" explaining that every solution in found in Jesus. S

Simplicity has taken on an interesting meaning to me. A few years ago I studied Marie Kwon Do, and have reduced my possessions down to only what is useful or beautiful to me. I have tried to/continually try to simplify my life by reducing stuff, and learning to say no to excess activities, enjoying the basics of growing my children and my gardens. So when Ryan K Olsen called Christ "The Master of Simplicity" my efforts seemed to have clarified their spiritual meaning to me. Now I see that Christ is the focus of my simplicity.

Serving as he would serve is easier if I don't have debt to pay off. Blessing others is easy when I have no aspirations for more stuff, or more stuff to maintain. And I really look forward to when I can shake owning a house and go serve a mission. 

Once again as I aim for simplicity I aim to follow the Savior. 

No comments: