Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Hope

 All this grey smoke seems quite apocalyptic to one who has never lived through or near a forest fire before. Add to that my knowledge of all the other stuff we humans of earth are putting each other through ... and I thought of apologizing to my son (who is just preparing to go off to college, studying meteorology) for bringing him into the world at this challenging time, some think the end of time, and then I rejected that idea:

He is here to do a job, he is uniquely suited to be what is needed in the world at this time, he will help save people. I am not supposed to feel sorry for the life he will never lead, but to cheer him and prepare him for the life he will lead. The kid has gumption, the kid has talent, and a will that never quits. He knows how to lead, how to build teams, how to study, how to adapt. 

If we are at the end game, we will need different, creative, thinkers and doers to take over.  The old game is over.

No comments: