Monday, April 29, 2019

Luke 4

On Luke 4


Is this not Joseph’s son?
Wonder and bewilderment
Is he not one of us?
How can one be so special?
Jesus answered with stories of special ones


The problem arises when we
do not believe he is special
That one can be different than others


But I believe
I have felt his difference
He has touched my heart
Made it burn


I believe not only in his specialness
But in mine
I can be like him

I can touch other’s hearts


I believe in everyone’s ability to be special
To become as he is
Because of Him
Witness of divine potentials
We, in embryo now
Become like our mother, our father

Is it then so special that God could walk among us?
Is Joseph’s son, the promised Messiah
Any harder than accepting
Our own divine spark
To treat other as Jesus taught

To believe that they are children of God too

Is that not why Jesus asked us to become like him by
Mourning with that that mourn
Comforting those that  stand in need of comfort

Roles he proclaimed for himself
And also for us

No comments: