Thursday, February 22, 2018

Pondering on Mosiah 4:21

So after teaching his people about Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, starts teaching about how to follow Christ. He says, "And now, if God, who has created you, on whom you are dependent for your lives and for all that ye have and are, doth grant unto you whatsoever ye ask that is right, in faith, O then, how ye ought to impart of the substance that ye have one to another."

The term substance is easily connected to things we got, specifically needful things like food and clothing, tools perhaps. I have given away lots and lots of clothing, but rarely have I given it away because someone actually needed it. Most of the time I give it away because I needed to reduce the stuff I had. And because I have so much it only benefits me to share. I hope it benefits those give them to, but I am pretty sure their houses are already stuffed with things.

In this day and age, of Walmart and Amazon, I find that what I have that is limited to share is time. Whether it is to show up and support or to actually do service, I do feel it when I give of my time. There is always a large handful of things I could be doing, most of them good things. So how and where do I decide to share of my time?

substance = time

Pres. Utchdorf said something similar: Love is spelled T. I. M. E.

No comments: